The earliest known residents of the area that would become Douglaston were the Matinecock Native Americans.
Early Dutch settlers were drawn to the area by the rich land and abundant fishing.
Thomas Hicks settled the area in 1656 on a peninsula first called Little Madnan's Neck.
- bc rich serial number excel
- Chat sex free entry without registration
- girl help on dating
- radsion girl porn com
Many of the houses in this area were built in architectural styles popular at the time, such as Tudor, Mediterranean, Colonial Revival, and Arts and Crafts.
In 1997, New York City's Landmarks Preservation Commission designated Douglas Manor as the Douglaston Historic District, ensuring that no new buildings or external alterations could be made without the commission's approval.
John's University, in addition to retired priests from the Diocese of Brooklyn. These schools feed into Louis Pasteur Middle School, which hosts children in grades 6 through 8.
After middle school, Douglaston's public school students are zoned for Benjamin N. Divine Wisdom Catholic Academy is a private Catholic school, with classes from the pre-school level to 8th grade.
Other areas of Douglaston were developed during the latter half of the 20th century.